- This event has passed.
The First Dollar: Raising Money for Your Startup
May 20 @ 8:30 am - 10:30 am$35
A CCEDC Breakfast Briefing Presented by the Ideas x Innovation Network (i2n)
Most company founders don’t start as experienced fundraisers. So, how does a first-time founder raise the money they need to grow? Join us as three local founders share the story of their recent fundraising journey. The panelist companies span the software, medtech, and consumer products industries and have raised more than $3 million combined in first-round funding, including investments from individual angels, regional angel groups, and institutional investors.
Register today to hear how they did it and what they learned along the way!
Attendees will hear, in the entrepreneur panel’s own words, about:
- Getting started. How did you decide you needed outside investment? How do you create the initial momentum to generate investor interest?
- Common mistakes & pitfalls. What do you know now that you wish you knew then?
- Timing & key steps. How did customer traction, product development, and other milestones coincide with funding progress?
Who Should Attend:
- Startups, especially first-time founders with little or no fundraising experience
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, or those thinking about starting a new venture
- Those interested in supporting or connecting with the local innovation & startup community
- Julie Bula, CFO, Sweft
- Adam C. Salamon, CEO & Co-founder, Pression
- Susan Springsteen, President, H2O Connected
- Christopher F. Wright, Shareholder at McCausland Keen + Buckman & i2n Board Member
Click here for bios.